* On behalf of the Herrang scholarships committee , JUYL is proud to present you the information on the application and submission of the scholarship.
Following the kickball changing, twist-twisting, swinging success of the inaugural 2011 scholarships, the 2012 Herrang Scholarships are now open for application! The scholarships committee is gratified that the 2011 winners were true to their word and gave back to the Lindy community in so many ways, including free lessons, sharing sessions, and a continued commitment to growing the scene in Singapore.
Sharing Session 1 October 2011
We are looking for more individuals who are similarly passionate about the dance, motivated to do their part for the community, and have the initiative to come forward and apply for the scholarships.
1. To recognise and reward individuals who have contributed to the Singapore Lindy Hop scene in exceptional ways.
2. To raise the artistic standards and spirit of Lindy Hop through exposure of outstanding Singapore-based Lindy Hoppers at Lindy Hop mecca Herrang.
Note: Singapore-based Lindy Hopper does not need to be a Singaporean by nationality but residing in and contributing to the Lindy scene in Singapore.
S$2,000 per award, and one to three individuals awarded per year. If none of the applicants is found to be deserving by the judging committee, no award will be made that year.
Each award is valid for the year of award only. The scholarship is not transferrable and cannot be used for other purposes or other dance camps. Disbursement of funds will be upon proof of registration at Herrang.
1. Artistic standard (eg dance well and teach others).
2. Spirit of Lindy Hop (eg organise events / write blog posts / rally people for Lindy events / active participation / evangelise Lindy to others / encourage newbies to dance / advocate community values).
3. Contribution after Herrang (eg conduct workshops to share lessons learnt, initiate projects that boost the Lindy scene).
Timeline for 2012 scholarship:
30 November 2011: Application / nomination deadline
End December 2011: Announcement of winner
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers to the three questions below.
1. Name of Applicant / Nominee
2. How have you (or your nominee) promoted the Lindy scene in Singapore either through personal artistic standards or by embodying the spirit of Lindy Hop?
3. How do you (or your nominee) intend to contribute to the Lindy scene upon your return from Herrang?
Winners have to forward proof of registration (email from Herrang) to email@example.com and cash will be handed over to them.
Anonymity: The sponsors and judging committee remain anonymous.
Hong Wee continues being PR and will answer your questions.
Disclaimer: The judging committee’s decision is final. Questions on the scholarship results will not be entertained.
related JUYL info page :